FAQ - Agent House
page-template-default,page,page-id-15206,qode-listing-1.0.1,qode-social-login-1.0,qode-news-1.0.2,qode-quick-links-1.0,qode-restaurant-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-13.0,qode-theme-bridge,bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.4,vc_responsive


How can I join Agent House?

Please email your CV and cover letter to join@agent-house.co.uk

We will get back to you whether your submission is successful and will guide you through the following steps.

How much does is cost to join Agent House?

There is no joining fee.


£99 per month

–  Absolute exposure for your properties

–  Zoopla, Rightmove, Prime Location listings

–  100% Commission

–  Personalised face sales / lettings boards

–  Online profile on Agent House’s website*

–  @agenthouse.co.uk email address

–  Cloud-based software to manage your accounts

–  Access to AH hubs

–  Team of real people

–  Operations Manager and Lead co-ordinator

–  Transaction Co-ordinator (Sales progression/Lettings referencing and admin)

–  Access to AH Regional Hubs

–  Discounted PropertyMark training material and courses

–  Discounted desk and office rentals

–  Website and print-media advertising

–  A social network of property professionals

–  Grow your business at a pace that suits you

–  House marketing templates and facilities

–  Personalised, contemporary stationery

–  Company stock listings – split commission

–  Legal and Financial advisors

–  TPO, CMP, TSA, DPS, ARLA, NAEA, AML, ICO-registered

Transaction fee is only payable on successful sale or let once monies (commission) has been received:

Sale – from £299

Let   – from £149

Is there a minimum term I need to sign-up for this membership?

 There is no minimum term. This is your business. Our B2B agreement is on a monthly rolling basis. You can end your subscription at any time by giving Agent House 1 month’s notice in writing (e-mail).

What documents do I need to provide to sign-up with Agent House?

 We will need your passport, proof of address (e.g. utility bill) and a professional profile picture.

Copies of your Professional Indemnity (PI) & Public Liability (PL) insurances.

Copies or membership numbers of a Redress Scheme (TPO or PRS) and Data Protection (ICO).

Will I be employed by Agent House?

 No. You will be a self employed estate or letting agent and must register as self employed with HMRC to acquire your UTR (Unique Tax Reference number).  You can find this article useful for more information: http://www.bytestart.co.uk/register-self-employed.html

If you are joining us as an LTD you don’t need to register for self employment separately.

How do I pay my taxes?

As you will be running your own business, you will be operating on self-employed or LTD basis. More information how to register to pay your taxes can be found on the following sites:



Do I need any insurance?

Yes. You must have PI (Professional Indemnity with a minimum cover of £100,000) and PL (Public Liability with a minimum cover of £1,000,000) policies as well as PRS (Property Redress Scheme) or TPO (The Property Ombudsman) membership.

Agent House has exclusive discounts for our partner agents with PRS and Hiscox.

How much will the insurance and other memberships cost?

As insurance premiums have a trend to change quite frequently and depend on individual circumstances we cannot provide an exact figure, but in most cases PI & PL insurances would start at £180 per annum or around £20 per month with projected annual income of around £50k. PRS scheme membership starts at £105 + vat per annum without our exclusive discount.

ICO registration cost £60 per annum for an individual and a little bit more for LTD’s depending on the size and number of people it employs.

Please feel free to shop around.

Will I be limited to a certain patch area?

No. From our many years experience, most of new instructions come from recommendations, therefore you can operate in the areas you choose or have best expertise.

What happens if I get recommended outside my patch area?

If it is too far out for you to provide your services you can choose to refer the instruction to your colleague partner agent in that area and split the commission.

Will every partner agent in AH see my properties and my client details?

No. The software we provide will keep it private, only you and your Agent House account manager will have access to it. You are set up as a separate branch. All partner agents can see all properties listed under AH on property portals and will contact their account manager to get in touch with you in person if they have a buyer or a tenant for your instruction.

Will I have to work in an office?

No. You are free to choose where you operate from. You can choose a local hub (office) we already have or many other great locations across London and UK. – Fees apply.

Can I join if I don’t have any experience?

No. At the moment for your application to be considered you should have at least 2 years experience in lettings or sales and prove your ability to operate independently.

If less but you hold a Technical Award Level 3 or above in Propertymark Qualifications for sales or lettings or similar, your application will be considered individually.

Do I need any industry qualifications (ARLA/NAEA)?

Yes. Professionalism and knowledge is the key to provide the best service to your clients. If you don’t already hold a Technical Award Level 3 or above in Propertymark Qualifications for Sales or Lettings (or similar), you will have 12 months from joining to home study and get qualified.